Today was pretty much dedicated to making pasteles. The shopping list was made and the ingredients acquired. We assembled them together with Javier's parents and had an amazing dinner! I'm glad we have some leftovers in the freezer that we can pull out when we start craving them again!
We have a sweet neighbor that seems to appreciate company. She loves to share things with us and always invites us in when we come to the door. She recently gave us a bunch of peaches that I put into a smoothie this evening. Just in case that wasn't enough sweetness in the house, Joelle decided to use up the rest of our blueberries to make more of those blueberry muffins. And did I mention that Amera and I stopped into Wendy's this afternoon for lunch and since I wanted to cool off from the heat I ordered a Frosty? Something about the combination of Summer and relatives getting together that tends to mean more sugar consumption than ever. I really need to watch it or I'll literally be running in vain. :(
I did have a slight solution...the three older girls packaged up some muffins for three different neighbors and went out into the cool evening to deliver them. That was one way to get some of the sugar out of the house and to spread a little love to our neighbors. The three girls seemed so happy to do it as they marched off to make their special deliveries. It's such a blessing to give, isn't it?
Tonight, after most of the kids have gone up to bed, Amera is teaching Brienne and Javi how to make these knitted scarves she makes. They are supposed to be pretty easy. I think I'll head on out there again and see what everyone is up to now. If Sammy keeps sleeping, maybe I can get back to crocheting the blanket I'm working on. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment