Saturday, September 20, 2014

"mad mama moments"

When attempting to write about one's day the words don't always come easily.  Sometimes the heart is full of complaints, the things that were trying...the things that make a person long for the day to come to an end...yes, this day had moments like that.

But before I get to those moments I want to begin by giving thanks for God's blessings in my life today.  Because if I don't do that you will only get part of the story.

I am glad that I had time to read.  I read words that encouraged and refreshed me.  I had time to sit and drink a cup of coffee, this morning and this afternoon!  I had time to work on projects.  I did some sanding in the garage while the littles napped and others played outside.  I crocheted a row of stitches on a blanket for a baby that may be born before I can finish (trying not to worry about that time crunch factor).  I had the energy to work hard at the goal of keeping my house clean and in order...

I could probably go on but the more I think about today, the more the pleasant begins to mix with the difficult.  I feel utterly spent and I haven't even left the house.

I couldn't possibly begin to describe every detail of all the messes, mishaps, and 'mad mama moments" (LOL) that occurred today but suffice it to say that we had all of those.  One of them involved blood...and a shaving razor.  Don't worry, everyone is just fine.  Bandaged...and fine.

Probably worse than that was the upsetting moment when two different sets of children just so happened to have issues happening right around the same time.

This mama felt frustrated.  I was tired of disagreements and children behaving selfishly.  I wanted to be in a very quiet place...all alone for a good long while.

Children cried...I cried.  There was a lot of crying.

With tears running down my cheeks I told my four middle children that we were going to take a break.  I told them that I was frustrated and that I needed to pray.  I told them to sit (in separate places) and quietly look at books and I put Isabel into bed for her afternoon nap.  She feel asleep almost instantly.  I know this because after I cried my heart out and prayed to God for what must have only been a few minutes I went into the room to ask her to forgive me (because sometimes when mommies are frustrated they aren't as loving as they ought to be) and she had already fallen asleep.  So back to praying and crying I went and I just have to say I DO NOT KNOW what I would do without my God!

I don't know about you but sometimes I have days when I just feel like I can't take another thing!  But God gives me hope and courage.  He reminds me that in all of these things HE is at work.

In all of the messes...in all of the mishaps and most certainly in all of the "mad mama moments".

Yes, he is at work in my life.  And I am so very glad.


No comments:

Post a Comment