Yesterday I began and ended my day with a cup of coffee. It doesn't usually end that way but I wanted to avoid falling asleep during a movie we had planned to watch after the littles were in bed. I would never have anticipated that I would still be up at 2am with no desire to sleep whatsoever.
This was just too good. This time alone to hold hands with my husband and share our goals and dreams. To talk about how God is working in us and the ways we want him to. To consider the blessings we often take for granted and don''t want to take for granted anymore. To feel like there is no rush and we have all the time in the world. I treasure times like these.
There are memories that we want to be more intentional about making. There are habits to break and better habits to form. There are things to get more serious about and distractions to be set aside. Anyone else going through this?
It takes heart change and it takes obedience.
We came up with a plan last night to meet one Friday a month with the purpose of looking back to evaluate how we are doing and to look ahead to what we want to do more of and better at. We want to make the most of the time that God gives to us. It seems to be going by so fast!
"Lord, we need you and we want more of you in our lives! Give us grace to do your will."
No comments:
Post a Comment