Have you noticed that the more we compare ourselves with each other, the more competitive we become? I do not want to compete with others. I want to be who God made me to be and be happy that you are being who God made you to be. I want us to be on the same team, cheering each other on. I want us to be humble enough to admit our faults to each other. To then be able to encourage each other and effectively pray for one another.
God has given you gifts and talents that he has not given me. You may be better equipped to play music, organize an event, notice a particular need and meet it, teach, pray, cook or create. We may have similar talents. Let us use them to serve Christ. If you are better at something, it doesn't make you more and me less. If I excel in one way, I should not be proud and your pride should not be hurt. Pride should be far from us as women of God!
Instead, we should humbly acknowledge that we are who we are by the grace and mercy of God and encourage one another in serving Christ. You may inspire me and I may inspire you and I may be challenged to improve and grow in Christ because of your shining example. Iron sharpens iron. That is as it should be.
But when we lose sight of the real goal we have as women of God, which is to know Christ and make him known, we become distracted by comparisons and differences and Satan gets a foothold.
Let's serve him together with our hearts united in a common goal. We all have our own set of strengths as well as shortcomings. We cannot hide the latter nor should we be so intent on trying. Because then how would we effectively pray for each other or sharpen and be sharpened?
Let's get to know more of Christ and make him known. And all along the way, let's love one another as he has loved us! For without love we are but clanging cymbals. A wonderful way to begin on that path to harmony and unity is to begin to pray for the women you struggle with. Pray for the women who rub you the wrong way. When you realize that you are comparing yourself to another woman confess it to God and pray for her. Pray that God would help you to love her as Christ loves her. Pray that God would use her gifts and talents for his glory and honor. Pray whenever those thoughts come and don't give up. Because love, unity and effective Spirit-led ministry depend upon it.
No comments:
Post a Comment